when I posted the last 2 things here, I was also going to do this too, but I ran out of evening ... oops!
The crochet Dude ( http://thecrochetdude.blogspot.com/ ) had this thingy on his blog (he got it from someone else's blog - it is doing the rounds)
Life's to do list - Completed items are green and purple are the ones I am not sure if they count ;-)
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins (can't remember doing that, but I have had them surfing in the bow wave of the boat a few times, and had them try and do it with the catamaran I was sailing but I wasn't able to go fast enough for them)
03. Climbed a mountain (... yeah - I used to live at the bottom of a hill that was actually Mt Taylor! ... but I have also climbed a few bigger mountains too)
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula ( in order to hold a tarantula one has to actually have access to one ... if someone has one that it is ok to hold, I will hold it ... might be kind of nice to actually meet one)
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone (I'm seriously a hopeless romantic)
08. Said 'I love you' and meant it
09. Hugged a tree ... I have talked to trees too - trees usually listen better than people do ...
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise (I have also stayed up and been too busy getting lost in here to actually see the sun rise!)
14. Seen the Northern Lights ... no - but I have seen the Southern Lights (Aurora Australis) instead ... bit hard to see the Northern Lights when I live in the Southern Hemisphere!
15. Gone to a huge sports game ... not that a "huge" game over here is really that huge ... but I think a one day cricket match is big enough to qualify as our next best thing ... and if that doesn't qualify then I think actually being part of the opening ceremony for the Olympic soccer matches (that were here in Canberra) does!
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg (does lettuce count?) ha ha ... that was the crochet Dude's comment but I had to leave that one in! ... it is the only iceberg I have touched too ...
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's diaper we call it a nappy though - and the first one I changed was the one on my newborn baby! (I didn't see the need to practice before that - I had seen it done and somehow I just knew that when the time came I would be able to do it ... I was right ;-)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower ... also saw and heard a close one once ... the meteor I saw was close enough that I could hear the hiss as it passed overhead (it was falling on an angle i guess ... was high enough not to fall that close to me and I lost sight of it behind the house anyway)
23. Gotten drunk on champagne ... not sure if it was the bubbly or the beer and wine and spirits I had with it ... LOL
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope (I should do that more often, seeing we actually own a small one ... it even has a motor and a fancy tracking gadget that lets it follow the stars across the sky)
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment ... don't think I have ever had an uncontrollable giggling fit ... but there have been times when it has been very hard to stiffle a chuckle at something
27. Had a food fight I was in the middle of a huge one in the dining hall at uni - no I didn't start it ... don't think I actually threw any food either - didn't want to have to help clean up ;-) ... but i am sure I have thrown food on some other occaision ... even had a sword fight with the dog, using a french stick (long skinny loaf of bread)
28. Bet on a winning horse (I paid 50cents to go in a Melbourne cup sweep at work ... and got my 50c back because the horse I got ended up coming last!)
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight ... yeah - one or 5 ... I remember the first one - was on my first trip to the snow (in high school) I threw a big snowball at someone just before we bot back on the bus and it missed them and went in the bus window ... guess what seat it landed on? - yes - mine!
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb I grew up on farms ... one was a sheep stud ... I held them, fed them ... and I have even shorn a sheep ...
33. Seen an eclipse a few lunar ones, a few partial solar ones, and a total solar eclipse - wow!
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run ... it was a fluke if I even HIT the BALL!
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day er ... why?!
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer - how about three?! ... (this one has 3)
40. Visited all 10 provinces or all 50 states of what country? ... he he ... there is only one state of Australia I have not been to ... but we only have 6 ... and a few territories (I live in one of those)
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk ... even drove his road train (great big long truck) down the road for an hour while he threw up out of the passenger side window and then slept it off (and he wondered why I left him?!)
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country (some of my best memories include this)
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign (a friend in college stole a "Please Pay Before Pumping" sign and put it on her bedroom door) I think I once found a stolen one and kept it
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them ... does an Army mess hall count? - I sat at a table with one person I knew and one stranger ... that "stranger" and I got married and we now have teenage kids!
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow (I've tipped quite a few over, does that count?) ... people actually DO that?! ... I grew up on a farm - of course I tried milking one ... but I have never
56. Alphabetized your cds why?! I don't even get around to writing on my photos - why would I alphabetise a pile of CDs?!
57. Pretended to be a superhero someone who hasn't done that must have had a deprived childhood ... ?
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day ... only when I was sick ... although I have slept in rather late a few times ...
60. Posed nude in front of strangers ... does joining a nudist club, and going naked at their activites, count? ... or how about going in a wet tee shirt contest ... then taking the shirt OFF while still up on stage?!
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater ... I grew up in a country town ... the only other sort of theatre was the one with a stage, where they put on plays!
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken ... see #72
69. Toured ancient sites (in and around Italy, Greece, Mexico)
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for 6 hours straight does another role-playing game count? ... not that we were really doing much actual game ... it was more like a few minutes of game every now and then in between the "dungeon master" going and smoking joints and the rest of us having too much fun talking, drinking, messing around, etc ... but we had fun ...
72. Gotten married - and I still am.
73. Been in a movie no, but I have been on tv ...
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced if I had married my first partner I guess we would have - but I wasn't silly enough to marry him in the first place ...
76. Gone without food for 5 days .. only once - when I had glandular fever and was too sick to eat.
77. Made cookies from scratch is there any OTHER way to make them?! .. throwing blobs of stuff on a tray and sticking it in the oven is NOT "cooking"
78. Won first prize in a costume contest ... I won the prize for best antlers at an "antelope day" party once ... the year after, when they had the next "antelope day" party I made them bigger and wore them again and won the prize for "least original antlers"
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Dead River
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert" (Does the DIY Network count?)
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music ... no - you do NOT want to hear it - it was when I was a teenager at uni, and I went in to the church one evening and put my tape recorder inside the piano, hit the record button and plucked away at the strings for a while ...
87. Eaten shark ... when I was a kid the fish one normally got given at most fish and chip shops was something called "flake" ... and what is flake? - shark!
88. Had a one-night stand
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone no - but I did serve 6 years in the ARMY
92. Buried one of your parents ... I think I buried most of my dad with sand at the beach once ...
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently (English & Spanish)
95. Performed in aisles at Rocky Horror (Just saw it for the first time last year and that was on DVD)
96. Raised children.
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over ... didn't really realise that was what I was doing at the time ... but looking back on it ... yes I did ...
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge (now that would be a big leash) I have walked over the Sydney Harbour Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking ... but I had to stop when everyone threatened to stop and throw me out if I didn't stop that horrid noise!
103. Had plastic surgery (does corrective laser surgery on my eyes count?)
104. Survived an illness that you shouldn't have survived ... when mum had my younger brother the doctor did mention something about nearly loosing me and being worried for a while (I surprised them and didn't come out head first like they were expecting) ... but when mum asked him to elaborate he wouldn't ... just said "don't worry, she looks healthy enough now"
105. Wrote articles for a large publication ... my blog is getting big ... does that count? ... or does someone actually have to READ it?
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart
111. Helped an animal give birth ... had a couple of cats who had kittens ... but they didn't seem to need any help ...
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone ... actually someone broke it for me - it was my nose and he did it with his forehead ... says a lot about what was IN his head doesn't it?!
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol ... all of those, and thrown a hand grenade too ...
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery ... I assume having tonsils out is major?
120. Had a snake as a pet ... no ... but I have stick insects ...
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon how about to the top of Ayers Rock (Uluru)? (I did that one 3 days in a row! ... and did you know that it actually has some bushes and even small trees growing on the top?!)
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours ... think I did when I had glandular fever and was too sick not to ...
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states that is easy seeing I have never been to the USA!
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days ... we didn't paddle canoes for more than 2 days, but the overall trip was longer
126. Eaten kangaroo meat ... we Australians don't mind eating our coat of arms ...
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper ... with an albatross ... which doesn't sound odd until I mention that the albatross was found north of Adelaide - far from where it should have been!
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about ... don't know ... it is possible I might have but didn't know about it ...
130. Gone back to school ... I work at one - does that count?
132. Petted a cockroach ... there are lots of different sorts ... if they are smelly and eating stuff in my house I squash them ... but if they are out in the wood pile or the bush they are usually not the same species and I let them be ... have even taken photos of some pretty ones in the bush ... and there was a fish tank full of "pet" ones in the science lab at uni ... I think I patted at least one of those ...
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes (Mom used to make tomato jam)
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read their books. I did find a cheap second hand copy of a book I missed at school (not sure if the other class did it and not us, or if I was meant to read it but was too busy reading science fiction instead) so I bought it to read ... come to think of it ... I put it somewhere and now I can't remember if I actually read it or not!
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating I have killed, cleaned, cooked and eaten fish and rabbits ... have also killed and butchered a sheep (not sure who eventually ate that one), and I have plucked chickens and helped slaughter a cow ... that stuff is normal when you have lived on farms/etc
137. Skipped all your school reunions (hearing through the grapevine that everyone's going to meet at a certain local bar doesn't make me want to travel 1,000 miles to attend. I'm just saying.) ... ditto - although usually I have not even actually bothered to find out if they have even had one ... I kind of left the town and never kept in touch ...
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language ... how hard is it to point at some pretty object and hold out a coin? LOL
139. Been elected to public office ... I probably could have been president of Canberra Quilters one year, if I had wanted to - they couldn't find anyone to put their hand up so if I had put mine up I would have been it ... but being president of something like that just isn't "me"
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream (I have thought more than once that I'm living IN a dream and that I could wake up at any moment).
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you ... ask me again in a few weeks time ... that is if I actually finish something to try and sell in the TASDA exhibition
145. Had a booth at a street fair ... it was a table at a market in some paddock somewhere ... sort of the same thing except it was not a very good market and nobody bought anything ...
146: Dyed your hair
147: Been a DJ
148: Shaved your head (see #146)
149: Caused a car accident ... the police report said I did ... but it was actually the other driver ... but it wasn't worth arguing at the time ... was only a minor one.
150: Saved someone's life ... who knows - I might have without realising it at the time - anyone who fixes up something that was dangerous and/or an occupational health and safety issue/etc or correctly disposes of something poison/harmful rather than leaving it in the wrong place/etc or does something like warn a tourist not to swim at an unsafe beach or whatever may have saved a life without even realising it!
151: Walked the streets of Pompeii then climbed Mt. Vesuvius (I added this one to the list because it was an incredible experience) ... I have probably seen and done one or 2 incredible things too ... but I want to do more ...
talking about DOing things ... there are other things I should be doing now ...
Bayeux and So Much More
1 day ago