Here are the rules:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you
2. Post THE RULES on your blog
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog
4. Tag 7 people and link to them
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
Ok ... done the 1st 2 - Lindi's name is a link to her blog, and the rules are here.
3rd one (my 7 weird/random facts) is here:
1. This is the first time I have ever been "tagged"
2. I collect stuff - when I am out and about I pick up rocks and leaves and feathers and stuff, and I can't walk along a beach without picking up a pile of shells/etc - when I was a kid I used to drive my Mum nuts, because my pockets were always full of feathers and/or rocks and/or bits of wire and/or string ... and I have also been known to find "useful" stuff in rubbish skips on building sites (although DH never seems to understand that I might have a use for that 6 foot length of timber or the half used roll of builder's string or whatever ;-)
3. I dabble in all sorts of creative things ... from "normal" quilting and crocheting to art quilts and weird cloth dolls, to basket making (with stuff that grows in the garden/etc or that I collect from people's piles of prunings - lol) and I have dabbled in various other fabric, yarn and paper crafts ... and I used to do quite a bit of pottery back when I had somewhere to go and do it and get it fired (I used to do classes once a week for a year or so - the class went for about 2 hours, then I would stay back working on stuff for another 2 or 3 hours and lock up when I left!) ... so of course I have also collected a huge stash of fabric/yarn/etc craft stuff ... most of it is either stuff I buy on special (like when a range of yarn gets reduced to a 1 or 2 dollars a ball when it used to be $20 last Winter!) or at Op shops (comes in handy having a Salvos store a stone's throw from my desk at work ... well, not sure I could throw a stone that far, but anyone on the Aussie cricket team could probably do it easily) ...
4. I am not very good at throwing stuff out - "it might come in useful one day" ... #4 would probably not be a problem if it wasn't for #2 and #3!
5. I like the taste of beer and coke ... together ...
6. When I was a teenager, the other girls used to be interested in boys and movie stars and makeup, and spend most of their time talking to each other about it all ... I used to be interested in space and nature and stuff, and spend most of my time climbing trees and watching ants crawl down their holes with the bits of bread and stuff I put there for them.
7. I had never changed a baby's nappy or anything like that until I had my own kids ... I was never "clucky" or into cuddling my baby cousins or anything like that, but I kind of knew that when I eventually had kids I would be at least an ok Mum ... not sure about now, but I think I was a good Mum when the kids were small ... now that they are teenagers, it depends who you ask - LOL
8. I never know when to stop ... LOL
(sorry - couldn't resist that one -
9. I have a very strange sense of humour ... )
... now the hard part - thinking of 7 people who won't mind being tagged, and have not already been tagged ... the 5th thing (a comment on their blog) will happen once I hit the "post" button on this.
I am glad the rules don't say WHEN one has to do all this stuff by! - I got tagged a week or 3 ago, but have been too busy to check who has not already been tagged and tag them ... but I did write my 7 things within a day or 2 of being tagged - lol
ok I will tag Jasmine, Sharonb, Birdwomanau, Thequiltingb, JennyBowker, and Miss Audrey Fotherington ...
b4 I go ... we have had the weird facts - here is the weird person:
This was taken in January (by one of the Scouts I was on camp with - they decided it was time I was on the other side of my camera for once ... messy, salty "beach" hair and all