Pages ... if I get around to it ...

Friday, January 14, 2005

I like spiders ... but ...

I like spiders ...

SpiderMum

This one was piggy backing her young around our back yard a few weeks ago ...

... what I don't like is when I KNOW there is a White Tailed Spider in the room with me ... but I can't see exactly WHERE it is ... lol
(White Tailed spiders are those ones that, if the spider bites someone, it possibly causes them to get an ulcer that lasts for months (years?) and just won't heal up)

I know there is one in here with me ... it WAS crawling up the wall behind the computer ... but by the time I found something to stand on that was NOT a swivel chair ... it was up near the ceiling out of reach ... and when I found something long to squish it with ... it ducked out of the way and fell to the floor ... behind the computer! ... down where my feet usually go!! (needless to say - my feet are NOT on the floor at the moment ;-)

I just did a google search and found a website about them http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/white_tailed_spider.htm ... seems they may not be so bad as the media have us believe ... but they do bite and it does hurt and it can become infected ... so I am still probably going to squash any that I find inside the house (which is the only place I seem to find them!) because I don't want to get bitten and I don't want the kids to get bitten (and I guess DH doesn't want to get bitten either ;-) ... it's a pity they bite people ... they are interesting ... and they eat redbacks and black house spiders - which also bite people ...

something keeps tickling my feet ... and making me jump ... LOL
- it's probably a mozzie or something ... but it is annoying me ... probably time I was asleep anyway ... I actually have to get up fairly early in the morning (well 9am IS early for me! ... when I am on holidays from work anyway ;-) I am going to meet some other quilters (from a yahoogroup I am on) for coffee ... and a visit to the nearby fabric shop ... then I am going to visit my crochet designer friend and (if it is not too stinking hot) I am going to help her sort out a spare room or 2 that are full of junk ... even though I probably should be staying home and sorting out MY rooms full of junk! LOL
(I will explain that one later ;- )



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say ... I will read it eventually ... and maybe even answer you, if you asked a question ;-)