Pages ... if I get around to it ...

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mum made this ...




She started it in 1978 (it was her first quilt too!)
and she thought it would take her forever ...
but I conveniently came down with glandular fever at the start of 1979, and
spent 3 weeks in hospital - so she got half the hexagons done while she was
in there visiting me!
I think she finished it later in that same year - I guess that once she had half of it done so fast, it was an incentive to keep working on it and finish it as soon as possible ;-)
It was made from all sorts of dressmaking/etc scraps she scrounged from
anyone and anywhere - so there was 70s fabric and 60s fabric and who knows
what else ... it isn't actually quilted - the magazine article she got the
idea from didn't mention that - so she just put a calico backing on it.

and the best part? - she made it for ME
(and yes - of course I still have it!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, that brings back memories. My mum made a hexagon quilt at the same sort of time out of dressmaking scraps etc.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to have your say ... I will read it eventually ... and maybe even answer you, if you asked a question ;-)