Pages ... if I get around to it ...

Friday, April 04, 2008

It's a long way to the rock, if you want to watch it roll ...

Apologies to AC/DC for turning their lyrics into a rather bad pun ... but I couldn't resist putting that in my comment on here - http://www.universetoday.com/2008/04/03/rocks-roll-on-mars-too-new-images-from-hirise/ ... yes - NASA have a satellite orbiting Mars, and one of the instruments on it is called HiRISE and it takes high resolution pictures of stuff on Mars ... like rocks rolling down hills ... yes - even on Mars, rocks roll DOWN hill ... LOL

btw, they even have a blog - http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/HiBlog/ - lol



ok ... maybe I am weird - but spending all that money to find out that rocks also roll downhill on Mars just kind of struck me as being funny - but Universe Today is actually quite an interesting newsletter to subscribe to.



The mind boggles ... I wonder WHO rolled the rocks down the hill? ... was it aliens? ... actually I guess they are only alien to us ... on Mars (or any other planet that may be inhabited by some form of life) they are "us" and we are "them" ...



meanwhile ... I will just stay happy knowing that when this compter, and the others in this house (yes there are more than one - dh likes his technology ;-) are not doing e-mail/blogging/photos/etc , they are happily spending their spare time doing things like looking for signs of life on other planets ... and doing a few other odd things like folding protiens and looking for gravity waves ... (or whatever else catches DH's interest at the time ;-)



er ... the things one finds on the www - would you want to settle on Mars with these 2 nerds? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmSdy_9blB4 LOL (yes - it was an April fools joke - see http://www.universetoday.com/2008/04/01/virgingoogles-mission-to-mars-virgle/ )



hmmm ... maybe the Martians are already here anyway? - http://www.universetoday.com/2008/03/28/the-mysterious-case-of-two-spheres-falling-to-earth-in-australia-and-brazil/ ... I would love to find one of those thingys ... what an interesting "coffee table curiosity" that would be!



btw - The Avalanches on Mars are way more spectacular than rolling rocks ...



anyway ... time to sleep ... I am still thinking about what I can find to post for Scatterday ... I don't happen to have that "dark turquoise restaurant up in my back shed" so I will have to think of something else starting with A for "Restaurant, Something you find in the dark, Turquoise" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say ... I will read it eventually ... and maybe even answer you, if you asked a question ;-)