Pages ... if I get around to it ...

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Something Fishy ...?

... has been going on at the local telephone exchange - our internet suddenly stopped working just after I posted my last blog post, last week (so much for my idea of blogging all the stuff I scanned just after I posted that post!) ... numerous calls to the ISP gave us, and a few of the neighbours I spoke to on Friday evening, the same answer "no problems at our end - it must be you" yeah sure - 3 or 4 people in the same street all suddenly have problems with their computers/modems or something ... not very likely! LOL ... finally they admitted that yes - they do have a problem at their end - something broke/died/whatever at the local exchange ... so we (and I guess our whole suburb, and maybe those nearby) did not have any internet until now - it started working again a little while ago - the wee small hours of Christmas day - I was in here putting photos onto the computer, left the room and came back to unplug the memory card reader/close things down and noticed that the e-mail had just started arriving again.

It seems kind of odd that it just started working again now ... wish I was the technician/whoever working on it - they must have been getting paid a fortune for doing overtime on Christams Eve!

Something else fishy:


These are some goldfish at the pond near where I went for the Scquilters (a yahoogroup I am on) Christmas brunch last weekend ... I was walking past and looked at the pond and the fish were swimming around in circles following each other ... it looked rather weird, and they kept doing it for long enough for me to get the camera out and take a heap of photos (and some video too) - I think they were waiting for someone (me? lol) to throw in some food!

While on the subject of weird creatures ... here is a moth we found by the lake while we were having the Scouts Christmas/end or year BBQ:



yes - it is HUGE ... at least 4 inches long and as heavy as a big fat mouse! ... it kind of felt a bit like one too - all soft and furry ... LOL

I was probably going to upload scans of my TAST stitches after that last blog post (that is what I was busy scanning when the internet stopped working) ... but when I finished scanning them and noticed the internet wasn't working I decided that it was probably just the computer telling me it was bed time (it was about 4am by then!) and I decided I would upload and blog them the next evening instead ... but when DH (Dear Husband) couldn't get the internet to work the next day, I decided to play around and put some more photos, from the camera, onto the computer and fiddle with them - and, in the hope that the internet would be working again within a day or so, I fidled with a photo of a tree and made a Christmas card ... which I will probably still e-mail to those that I was going to e-mail it to before Christmas ... if any of them are still home they might check their e-mail and see it ...

Here it is:



yes I know - it's weird ... LOL

It is the top of the casuarina (a sort of native pine tree thingy) that we planted in our front yard a few years ago ... it is getting nice and tall now, and sounds really good when the wind whistles through it too :-)

Anyway,
It is nearly 3am now, so it is probably time I went and hung out the load of washing and then went to bed! ... also, I have seen a couple little messages pop up at the bottom of where I am typing this, where it tells me it has autosaved this as a draft, that have said "can't contact blogger" ... which probably just means things are busy on the net and it couldn't get through at the exact second it tried, because it has still been saving it ok every few minutes ... but ... just in case the internet connection is still a bit dodgy I had better post this while it IS still working, and then upload those scans of my TAST stitches ... even if I just throw those into a post and save it as a draft and write all the stuff about them later - if I don't get time to do that before I fly away tomorrow I might get a chance to sneak onto someone's computer while I am in Adelaide (for the next week and a half) and log in to blogger and write some stuff to go with them.

hmmm ... was that just sleigh bells I heard? ... drats - Father Christmas probably won't come and bring me a sewing room sorting out fairy while I am still awake ... neither will "The Hogfather" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say ... I will read it eventually ... and maybe even answer you, if you asked a question ;-)