Pages ... if I get around to it ...

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A few odd things ...

I found a few recent photos of things that are not Take A Stitch Tuesday stitches ...


I have been going around and around in circles lately ... sometimes it seems like it is in more ways than this:



this item is actually finished now - but I have not taken a photo yet ... but I will ... eventually ...


This is a bag I finished recently:


and the other side ...

actually I might add a do dad to close it ... or I might not ...

I didn't peice this from bits of fabric - it was actually a bit of velvety fabric with the patches already printed on - a furnishing fabric sample I think - I only had this little bit of it in my stash ... I liked it so I used stitches to decorate the "seams" and made it into a bag, with a green polar fleece lining.


This is a crazy quilt name tag I started making a year or 2 ago - for a crazy quilt retreat that was going to be big, then got cancelled (and then sort of did happen but as an informal gathering of a few of us rather than a big full on organised retreat) I dug it out a few months ago and stuck it in my sewing box with a few threads to use on it, and finished it a few weeks ago.



hmmm ... there are also some more stitches on felt that I put in the corner of that photo ... the yellow bit is another bit of eye stitch and the white bit isn't actually a TAST stitch - it is something I was fiddling with - I saw an interesting stitch in some old needlework book they have on that Project Gutenberg website ... then had a fiddle with what I thought I remembered (when I saw it again it was actually totally different! oops? ;-)

... I might have to have another fiddle with that later ... with both versions - mine and what it was supposed to be ... LOL

Now what else can i find ...


I hang most of my washing under the pergola - that way if I hang it out one evening and leave it there until I get home from work the next day (or longer!) then I don't have to worry about it getting wet if it rains (unless we get a storm and it rains sideways - which does happen sometimes). This is what the washing line looked like one day a few weeks ago:

This is a whole pile of fabric that I undyed ... it was cheap homespun - black or dark/strong colours, and I attacked it with bleach - most of it was done with a group of us from a quilting yahoogroup (we gathered at someone's house, with fabric, beach, vinegar, ideas, etc and had a day of fun) and some I did when I got home. The pale bit in the background was a bit of daggy old white fabric that I attacked with condy's crystals (potassium permanganate) ... looks purple when you throw them on, but they leave interesting brown spots and swirls/etc ... (or from what Mum told me once - interesting holes if you leave them on there too long ;-)
er ... I probably should go get some sleep soon ... a group of us from that quilting yahoogroup are meeting for lunch tomorrow, and I don't want to sleep in and miss it! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say ... I will read it eventually ... and maybe even answer you, if you asked a question ;-)