Pages ... if I get around to it ...

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Y not?

Y am I posting to my blog? ... Y not?
... yes - y not indeed?! ... it has been a while ... sigh ...

I have missed so many letters for ABC Wednesday that I lost count ... but it seems we (they? lol) are up to the letter Y already ... where has the first half of this Year gone?!

Yes I am still alive, sort of been busy ... but when I wasn't busy I didn't seem to get anything else (like sorting out the sewing room/blogging/etc) done ... sigh

Y is for yawn ...
one can yawn if one is bored - which one would be if one was waiting for me to write a new blog post.
one can also yawn if one is tired ... I am ... had a few late nights, could go to sleep now but I have to sort out putting a few photos on to the computer and checking all the memory cards to make sure which ones are on the computer and backed up so I can delete what is on them - ready to fill them up again while I am on holidays for the next 2 weeks ;-)
... of course I could always be Yucky and talk about a "technicolour yawn" ... (spew/throwing up/chunder/etc) ... if that windy weather comes back DH and I might be in for an interesting ferry ride across Bass Strait tomorrow night - and if so - there might be a few more seasick passengers on there than normal - so hopefully nobody will do any technicolour yawns near me or I might just have to go out in sympathy and do one of my own - LOL

talking about Yawning ... am doing that now ... I should be going to bed and sleeping ... but I am still putting those photos on the computer/etc and I still have a dog to walk  .... Yes ... it is almost Midnight, and it probably is below freezing outside by now (in fact I think it probably has been for a while - lol) but the dog and I have nice warm coats ... mine is a nice warm fleecy jacket and his is a nice furry thick yellow one - LOL   ... he is a Golden Retriever - so he doesn't care if it is cold outside when he is out walking ... quite happy to snuggle up on the bed and be warm, but just as happy to go out walking on a freezing and/or wet day and jump into the pond to chase the ducks!

so ... I guess I should not rave on about Y chromasomes or Yellow fever or any of a number of other weird things I could post about ... but, seeing I am currently messing around with photos, I might see if I notice any "Yellow" photos before I actually post this ...

oooh ... just noticed a couple things at the bottom of this blog editor thingy are in slightly different places than they were ... had a closer look and noticed I can now add my location ... not going to put the pin right where my house is ... (yeah great idea - tell everyone I am going away and then pinpoint my house - lol - not that it will be vacant ... I am not the only one that lives there - do you think I would go away and leave the dog all alone?! LOL ... Yes - there IS one advantage to having kids who grow up but don't move out - LOL)
... so ... I put the "pin" in the pond ... one of the ones where the dog likes to jump in the water and get all Yucky and wet and muddy - lol

hmmm ... most of that memory card of photos are ... trees ... with no leaves ... lately I seem to have a thing about taking photos of naked trees - lol

ok ... here is one under a Yellow street light ...


I found about 6 other photos, but for some reason it did this one ok, then kind of stopped ... and I have now finished the other stuff I was doing ... and tried again with 1 photo and it just did nothing again ... so that one (the worst one of the lot too - sigh) will have to do for now ... I need sleep ... and the dog still needs his walk ... and I still need the walk too - had some late nights lately and been awake all day, but have not been that active - and I feel restless - I think my body needs to be tired to match the brain - lol

yawn ...

another yawn ... time I left the computer alone and went to bed ... via a few of the streets/paths/etc around here - whatever ones the dog takes me along - within reason - if I let him keep leading the way we would be out walking all night!

btw ... I am hoping to eventually get around to tidying up my blog and making it look pretty again ... when I have a bit more spare time to fiddle with it for a few hours (days?) and make it all work ...

but first ... I have quilts to finish and some other textile arty stuff to do ... and a  holiday to have ... and who knows what else I will get busy doing ... DH says I go to/do too many things ... but if I don't go to them/put my name down/do them/whatever - I don't seem to get anything else done anyway ...

goodnight ...

;-)

1 comment:

  1. I wondered Y I hadn't seen you lately.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to have your say ... I will read it eventually ... and maybe even answer you, if you asked a question ;-)