Pages ... if I get around to it ...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

C

C is for ... a whole Collection of things (er ... so what's new? lol)
... Yes - it is ABC Wednesday time again, and we are up to the letter C

er ... actually - we were up to the letter C last week ... which is when I started typing this post ... but I didn't add the photos yet because this C0mputer Crashed and I decided to wait a Couple of days until it was up and running, with the image editing software that I like to use back on it ... but then I kind of got busy and didn't get around to logging in and adding the photos until now ... which is actually a day AFTER I should be posting my D post! oops? (yes ... I am Definitely going to include Disorganised in my D post)

I have thought of lots of C things but I Can't decide which ones to post about ... so I am probably going to Cover most of them to a Certain extent ... because I Can ... and I am Contrary ...

My original/first idea was to do a post all about Crochet ... but I have a few things I have finished over the last who knows how long and have not posted about yet, so I Could probably do 2 or 3 other blog posts about them ... but Could isn't the same as "I will do that this week" ... so it will just have to be "eventually" ...

I probably Could find a Crochet photo or 2 to stick in here anyway, but not sure if I Can find them ... because I am actually doing this on the other computer (which has a back up copy of my photos on it, but not the software that I use to play with them) and Currently I Can't do it on the main Computer (the one I usually use for photos/e-mail/posting to my blog/etc) because it got Cranky and Crashed (DH is in the middle of fixing it ... photos and documents were all backed up, but not my Crazy Collection of e-mail folders ... but he has got it working enough to back those up before he fiddles around to see what Crashed it ... probably just that it is a bit old and has been well used by 4 people who have put all sorts of C**p on it ...

C is for Computer ... well I think I have just kind of mostly Covered that one ... although I Could add that we have a few Computers in the house (a couple of very old almost dead laptops, and a couple of old computers that got replaced by better ones but they still work fine for what they now get used for ... in the Case of this one - for me to stick Copies of my photos on and fiddle with stuff here if someone is using the main one, and another one is Connected to the TV so we can watch a few odd things DH downloads ... motorbike racing stuff that doesn't Come over here to be broadcast in Australia and stuff like that) ... and yes - they are all Connected to the internet/each other (wireless networks are Cool). I Could also mention that I use Computers at work for a few things but I don't actually have one on my desk ... grrr ... means I have to Commandeer somebody elses when I want to look up stuff about Chemicals and stuff ...

that reminds me - C is also for Chemicals ... I get to use a few of those at work ... especially when I have to get out stuff for the students to do Chemistry lessons. I could list all the ones that start with C too, but I won't ... but I Could list a Couple ... like Caustic soda and Calcium Carbonate ...

C is also for Cat ... we have one of those (used to have 2 until a Couple of years ago) - and there are already a few Cat photos on this blog, and more on http://spot-theblog.blogspot.com/ (hmmm I just Copied that URL there - lol) ... I am sure the Cat is a bit Crazy ... and so is the dog - who also fits here because he is a Canine (Canis familiaris actually - lol) ... but he will get mentioned again next week when we are up to D because he is a Dog and his name is Diesel - lol.

... talking about the Cat and dog - C is also for Chunder ... which is what the Cat sometimes does after she eats a few too many "Crunchies" (a nick name for dry cat/dog food) ... she just happend to do that on the floor beside me while I was typing the first bit of this post (thank goodness it was in here on the tiled floor, not the carpet where the computer I normally use for blog posting is) ... so I grabbed the Camera (which, Conveniently, was on the desk beside me) and got a photo of the dog doing what he normally does if the Cat Chunders on the floor ... mmmmm recycled/second hand Cat food - LOL



er ... maybe it is also Convenient that you Can't really see what he is eating in the photo ... LOL

If you have a good look at that other blog, you will also find a couple of photos of the dog eating Crunchies, and moving his bowl across the floor and leaving it there ... and the other Crazy thing he does with his Crunchies is to decide he is a bit hungry when DH and I go to bed, or when we are in some other room of the house, so he will grab a mouthful of them and then come down to the bedroom/wherever we are so he is nearer to DH and I ... but he will get half way there and finish them and turn around and go back for more ... or drop a few on the way and go back to eat them ... and the other thing he will do is grab a mouthful of Crunchies and then notice that whoever is in the kitchen has some "people food" so he will drop the crunchies on the floor, eat whatever it is we give him, then eat the dropped crunchies off the floor ... he also prefers Cat food to dog food ... (probably because it IS the cat's food - lol)

Now ... what else was I going to post about? ... I am sure there are more things I Currently Can't think of ... but will Come to me later ...

I live in Canberra ... but I don't need to put a whole pile of stuff about that here because there is lots of stuff about Canberra on the internet - especially seeing it is the Capital City of Australia ...

... because I am a quilter and I live in Canberra, I am a member of Canberra Quilters, of Course.

I could mention Catching up - but I never seem to Catch up with all the sewing/crochet/etc I want to finish, or with all the stuff I want to post to my blog, or a lot of other things too ...

I Could also mention Crazy Quilting - because I have also done some of that ... even posted about it on this blog ... a Couple of years ago probably ...

One thing I do have to mention is that I have a huge Collection of all sorts of fabric/yarn/lace/beads/etc sewing and crochet stuff ... I Collect all sorts of junk ... and it drives DH a bit Crazy, and he gets Cranky ...

Oh and one more photo I found before I gave up trying to look for them on here - Christmas Cake ... slightly squashed, after somebody I know SAT on it at a Canberra Quilters meeting!



er ... would it be a Catastrophe or a Calamity if this post was a day or 2 late? ... it is bed time and the other computer is still in the process of being fixed and I have not put the photos in here yet - I just put [photo of ___ goes here] or whatever in a couple of places ready to add the photos later when I find them/upload them to the computer ... and I am not sure I will get to do that tomorrow after work because I have a Canberra Quilters meeting tomorrow night ...

... and I have not mentioned Creatures or Coffee or Cars yet either ...

(although I have used tags for those 3 things, so you should be able to use those to find my preveious posts that mention those things, just look for them in the list of "labels" in the side bar ... well - that is the ones I remembered to tag/label anyway - lol)

btw, I will spare you all and not put any pictures up of cankers, cold sores or casualty (not that I have any photos of those anyway) ... ditto with a few other things like Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease and Colonoscopy and Cancer and other horrid stuff (guess who has just been watching the TV show "House"? LOL)

Ok ... that was where I got up to before this got "forgotten" for a week or so ... lol

Sometime during that week I took this photo of the Cat on the "Clam shell"



... the Clam shell (one half of a thing they sell as a kids sandpit/paddle pool/toy storage/whatever you want to use it for), and the ice cream containers in a row beside it (and a Collection of buckets not in the photo, because they were in a pile on the Concrete under the pergola) are what we use to Collect rain water off the edge of the pergola roof when it rains - then I water the garden with it a few days later - doing my bit to Conserve water ...

I also took a photo of the Chewed ball that the dog left on the lawn this week ...



C is also for Cactus ... we have a humungous ginormous one out in the back yard, that I seem to take a lot of photos of ... actually I think it is an Aloe of some sort ... but it is a succulent and has prickles so it fits into the sort of thing I grew up calling a cactus even if it technically isn't one ...
Now all I have to do is FIND one of the photos I took of the thing ...
Ah - here is a Cardboard Chewing Canine beside the Cactus:



er ... he looks pointy! - like he is trying to imitate the Cactus or something - LOL ... but I think it was just a fluke that he was in the middle of barking and happened to have his tail pointing straight behind him in the middle of a wag ...

While looking for a Cactus photo I also found something else I had forgotten about ...
C is also for Chip - as in fish and Chips (in Australia, Chips are what some of you probably call french fries) ... or Chicken and Chips ... which I think this Crinkle Cut one was from:



yes it really did have those brown spots that look like eyes - so I took it to work and hung it on the bookshelf (with a Cleverly Concealed pin) so that it looked like a mutant Caterpillar Climbing up there ...


btw ... I found this Crazy thing on someone's blog ... don't know how they did it, but it seems to copy and paste ok ...


So much fun ...

(: ʎɐp ǝɥʇ uı sɹnoɥ ʍǝɟ os ...


... probably some odd special characters or somesuch because it wasn't done with html code ... I was hoping it was - because then I could write whatever I wanted upside down - lol
Actually ... I just looked at the comments ... and found out how - you can do it at this website -
http://www.revfad.com/flip.html

¡looɔ



¿n ɹǝʇʇǝl ǝɥʇ oʇ ʇǝƃ ǝʍ uǝɥʍ ʇɐɥʇ op plnoɥs ı ǝqʎɐɯ -
uʍop ǝpısdn ʇsod puɐ pɹıǝʍ ʎllɐʇoʇ ǝq uɐɔ ı ʍou



And yes, as I suspected - it is done by replacing letters with other ones that look like upside down versions of the right way up ones, and with the various special characters in Unicode ... like y is replaced with the upside down y (lambda) that is used in maths/science formulas and some of the others are weird symbols for various sounds used when they show the phonetic sounds in dictionaries/etc ...

and ... even weirder - I just found a site that "translates" whole websites into "upside down"!

- try typing my, or your, blog URL into here -
http://flip.sytes.org/ and see what you get! LOL

hmmm ... evil thoughts here - LOL - I had an idea how to freak someone out totally ... like someone you share a computer with, or the person at the next desk if you work in a "cubicle farm" - wait until they leave the computer for a moment and go there and type in the google URL (or something else you know they go to a lot) and see what their reaction is when they come back and try to read the text on the screen ...

btw, I left the google page, backwards, on the screen about and hour before DH got home form work, and went to do some other stuff (I wanted to move some boxes of fabric and stuff into the garage before DH came home and parked his motorbike next to where the boxes were going) ... when he got home he came in here and said that the browser was messing up ... something in that site that it didn't like ... he said that those sorts of websites often have a virus in them, or it could just be that the web browser didn't like being left open on that sort of website (it probably uses some sort of dodgy java script to do the "translating" or something I guess, and I know that dodgy java script is good at crashing web browsers/computers) ... so if you go there it might be a point to first make sure your antivirus software is up to date and/or go there, "translate" whatever page into backwards, look at it and laugh ... then leave/close the browser rather than leave it up on the screen while you go tidy the sewing room/sort out the garage/make coffee/walk the dog/make a quilt/have tea/whatever ...

The next letter, which I should have posted something about last night, will hopefully be up here shortly ... (I intend to do that tomorrow evening/night ... but then I intended to do this C post last week ... so I guess it will happen when it happens ... ditto with the promised "crochet" blog post I think I mentioned earlier ... lol ... )


1 comment:

  1. The upside down text sounds like fun!
    Glad I found your blog, it has filled in a rather warm afternoon!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to have your say ... I will read it eventually ... and maybe even answer you, if you asked a question ;-)