Pages ... if I get around to it ...

Thursday, January 27, 2005

B$%^%^&%^&

Where did the school holidays go? ... well - the kids don't go back to school until Monday here ... but ... I have to go back to work in the morning (ugh - I wanna win lotto and not have to go to work) ... and I never did finish all that sorting out ... so I guess I will still be sorting, instead of sewing, for a few more evenings/weekends until it is done ... because I can't find most of my sewing/quilting/crochet/etc stuff with things in the mess they are in right now!
Of course I had to have another idea for yet another thing I want to do ... but I guess this one is also sort of finishing something I started years ago too ... I was looking at some pictures of some free form crochet dolls (sorry no URL - was in the members area of a yahoogroup I am subscribed to, so you wouldn't be able to see them unless you were a member - in which case you would have already seen them anyway ) ... anyway ... the point is (I think ;-) ... I got to thinking ... (and writing in an e-mail to friend who wrote the crochet bear pattern I was talking about) ...
" ... maybe I should dig out that bag of crochet bear UFOs [these are something I started a few years ago ... a friend gave me a simple crochet bear pattern she had written so, me being me, I modified the pattern ... and then just kind of kept making the things until I had a pile of them either done or half done ... then I moved on to other things ... lol] and do some freeform stuff with them ... I never did make that rastafarian one [I have plans to do one with dreadlocks] ... maybe now is the time to side track backwards (or is that back track sideways?) from the weird coiled pots I was doing before I got way laid and started working on a visual diary cover for that challenge for [a textile art group I am going to join], which I have nearly finished now, and see if any of my half finished bears could be improved by the addition of free form hair/clothing/jewelry/etc ... LOL... that is if I can find them under the piles of mess ... LOL Oh well - got the diary cover thingy to finish, and a crazy quilt block I left out where I could find it because it is for Mum if I get it done by the time she visits here in mid Febuary, and the bits for 2 more weird pots in my bag ready for in case I actually get a chance to crochet at morning tea time or something at work ... speaking of which ... I probably should be asleep because I have to get up in the morning and I probably need to be at least half awake at work ... LOL"

... of course here it is an hour later ... and I am still UP ...

btw ... this long gap between posting here is probably now going to be a more normal thing ... I always expected that it would be once I went back to work ... it just happened a bit sooner because I have been busy all week - trying to get that B#%^%^& sorting out finished ...
yes - the sorting out that I should have been doing more of, when - instead of sorting out/etc - I was in here messing around in cyberspace posting stuff to this blog and surfing to strange websites etc ... which I always tend to do instead of reading the messages on the too many yahoogroups I am on and/or deleting some of my mountain of old e-mail ... it kind of piles up until I start to loose things in there ... and I DO have it set up so stuff gets sorted into folders as it arrives ... I am just not organised enough to read and delete it (or file it away if I want to keep it) as it arrives ...

er ...

goodnight ;-)


btw (By The Way) ... I hope those other Aussies who are reading this (that is if ANYONE is actually reading this waffle ;-) had a good Australia Day ...

I better go ... before the dog decides to find something else to rip to shreds ... the next thing might be something that wasn't going to be thrown out anyway ... (he just destroyed a box that some computer game originally came in ... if the owner of the game - my daughter - had wanted to keep the box then she should (and probably would) have put it away instead of leaving it in the middle of the floor in here for weeks on end ... LOL

I should be asleep!

Goodnight (again ;-)
- I might actually post this mess and go to bed this time ;-) ... that is if I don't get side-tracked for too long on the way between here and the bedroom ... I need a drink ... and where did I put that filet crochet fairy I should have "blocked" so I can take a photo to send to someone ... need to dig that out to remind me to "block" it tomorrow ... or at least take a photo of it all curly/wonky so they know I did finish the darn thing ... LOL ... er ... I did say I "might" go to bed ... LOL ... actually I have to go soon ... or it will be almost time to get UP again ...

Goodnight ... yet again ... LOL

(I have to go soon or I will run out of colours I like ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say ... I will read it eventually ... and maybe even answer you, if you asked a question ;-)